- Read the following text and answer the questions based the text.
My Beloved Mother
My mother is beautiful. She is not tall but not short. She has brown curly hair. Her eyes are like honey and her skin is light brown. She has a beautiful smile. Her weight is around 55 kg.
She is a very kind person. She is very lovely, friendly, patient, and she loves to help people. I love my mom because she is a good model to me. She likes singing and dancing. She is a very good wife and mother. She always takes care of her family. She likes to see our house clean and well-arranged. She arranges all things in the house in the right place. She doesn’t like messes.
My mother is so sweet and lovely. She always gives me a kiss when I want to go to sleep. When our family has a problem, she is always with us to help and to give us all her love.
Answer the following questions in complete sentences.
- Who is described in the text above?
- What are the color of the hair, skin, and eyes of the person being described? What are her hobbies? singing and dancing.
- How well does she arrange the house?
- Why does the writer say that she is very lovely?
- Pay attention to these sentences below. Correct the underlined words into their present forms.
- She had curly hair.
- I could see outside to the garden.
- Next to the bedroom there was the kitchen.
- She was a very kind person.
- In the dining room there were a table and two chairs.
- She had a beautiful dress.
- Her skin was light brown.
- Her eyes were like honey.
- She have brown curly hair.
- She was very sad at that time.
- Pay attention to the following words. Match them to the most appropriate spot.
Kind of eyes
Kind of hair
|1. Light brown, dark brown, brown, blond, red, black, gray
2. Black, green, brown hazel, blue
3. Straight, long, short, bald, wavy, curly
4. Tall, short, average
5. Slim, well-built, fat, thin
6. An Asian, an European, a Japanese, a Thai
7. Young, old, middle-aged, elderly, teens
8. Thin, thick
9. Long, big, pointed, straight, small, hook
10. Round, thin, oval, squash
11. Small, large, big, round, sparkling
- You have jumbled words below. In pairs, arrange them into good descriptive sentences and match each of them to the most appropriate picture.
Arrange the following jumbled sentences into a good descriptive text. Each text has a picture as its illustration. Give a title in each text.
My mother is 47 years old.
He has bright blue eyes. He is quite tall, but a bit shorter than me.
She is still slim because she always tries to stay in shape.
His cooking and his meals are always very tasty as well as my mothers’.
I would like to tell you about my mother and my father.
She has an oval face and she has long blond hair and beautiful green eyes.
My father, Lukman, is 5 years older than my mother.
She is very good-looking, always well-dressed and elegant.
He’s very hard-working. Besides that he is working in a travel company.
Now we are happily living in Jakarta.
Let me start from my mother.
He is 52. In spite of his age he is still black-haired, with several grey hairs.
Her name is Anisa.
He can even make a dinner when my mother is outside.
Believe it or not, it is very intelligent cat.
My Sphynx cat is the only pet I have.
It can respond my voice commands.
Its coat is often a warm chamois.
It has a little hair but is not totally hairless as it has peach fuzz over much of its body.
I like its tail although my mom says that it is like a rat’s tail.
It is really an amazing cat.
My Sphynx has a normal cat proportion.
It is really funny as well as my friends get a joke. I love it so much as I love my mother.
I love its usual color varieties including, tortoiseshell, chocolate, black, blue, lilac, chocolate etc.